Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Explore. Dream. Discover


I did a post sometime last year on awakenings, but it focused mainly on religion. For those who haven't read it, you can check it out here.

This year has hardly begun and already I find myself going through an entirely different type of awakening. I'm not sure if spiritual is the right word, but it certainly has aspects of spirituality. Maybe it's got to do with all this Mayan calendar and the world supposedly ending in December 2012 business (which is highly unlikely since my mobile contract only expires in June 2013).
Also, a part of me thinks that if the Mayans really were that advanced, they'd still be around running the show on Planet Earth. Maybe Obama is a Mayan. That would sort of explain things. He does have some of those Mayan traits about him.

I usually steer clear of New Years resolutions. The sheer volume of those that have whizzed by laughing at me come end of Feb each year, has taught me better. I think my personal record of keeping a resolution came sometime back in 1996, and lasted all of 6 hours.
No more ice-cream. Seriously. What was I thinking?!

This year, I simply set myself two goals.
1) Work on getting my body back into the shape I once recognized when standing naked in front of my mirror.
2) Read more, thus opening the mind to greater opportunity and possibilities.
* Huh? Say what? Run #2 by me again, slowly *

Well it's simple really.

Over the year's I have come to realize that the more I've kept myself occupied by reading, the more I found myself surrounded by positivity and opportunity. Why this is and how that correlation works, I have no idea. Except to say that it does.


It's like I'm opening my mind to accept and be more accepting. Suddenly my gut-instinct is awakened and my senses are on high alert. My body is abuzz with millions of receptacles just waiting, sniffing the air, searching and scanning for anything and everything to feed this positive energy.... and it's a positive energy that demands my attention. I know I need to act on it. My body and mind are screaming at me, imploring me to channel all this positivity and energy into something, anything....


The immediate plan is to surround myself with like-minded people; those who have a definite and clearly defined purpose and set of goals that I can relate to. That would mean getting rid of some of the clutter that's attached itself to me like barnacles on a rusty ship.
This ship is set to sail the high sea's this year.
No space for barnacles.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain






3 comments:

  1. HEY! Don't scrape me off! I am looking forward to reading about your adventures for the new year. The use of the Twain quote was so appropriate for the new year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to that journey. As humans we have no purpose if we can't get out of our comfort zones in search of a greater truth, more enlightenment. Positivity breeds positivity, so you're on the right path :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @angie : as one of my favorite bloggers, I think you're pretty safe for a long time to come :) Also, something tells me we're in for much adventure this year!
    @azra : onward and upward I say. This is the year to explore, and that's only possible by accepting that keeping one foot on shore does nothing but hold us back.

    ReplyDelete