Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Tale Of Two Faces



There was a time when I regarded very highly those who had pursued further education in religious study. That was a long long time ago.

I soon realized that people have a tendency to be complete arseholes in real life while pretending to be Holier-Than-Thou Saints, especially on social networks.
Now I'm never shy to admit to being a sinner. Heck I wear that badge with pride, because I'm no hypocrite and I never preach to the choir. I do however take serious exception to those who question and criticize others, worse still when it's done behind the veil of religion and scripture, while knowing full well that their own doorsteps are far from clean.

Maybe I'd be more understanding if they realized their shortcomings and did the noble thing by apologizing for being two-faced.
Maybe I'd be more understanding if they simply acknowledged their oversight.
Maybe.

I guess it's not that easy when the line between your real self and your fake self is blurred.
When you look in the mirror, how do you decide between which face to apply lipstick to and which face to slap?

Here ends the rant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment