Friday, December 9, 2011

10 Questions


Once a year, a dear friend of mine and I have this conversation where we ask each other 10 random questions, and we expect 10 completely honest answers. We've been doing this for so long now, it's become impossible to even try and sneak as much as a white lie into the conversation.

The questions range from family and life in general to the hypothetical and sometimes even bizarre. Did I say bizarre? I meant bazaar. Well both really.

So yesterday I asked her if she'd come to my funeral if I died, and what would she say at my eulogy.
You thought I was kidding when I said bizarre, didn't you?

She said "Kaloo, everything I've ever wanted to tell you, I've told you while you are alive. Why would I leave anything for when you're no longer around?"

How awesome is that?
Also, how often do we leave the really important stuff for when it's quite frankly too late?

How often have we heard a eulogy which includes the following phrase :
"If (insert deceaseds name here           ) were with us today, I'd like to tell him/ her how much I love/ trust/ adore/ admire him/ her."

Tell them while they're still alive, before it's too late.
Taking flowers to a grave only makes the lumpy soil look beautiful.
Taking flowers to a friend makes the both of you look beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment