Thursday, November 10, 2011

Health, Wealth, & Happiness

Sometimes, things are not what they seem.
Sometimes, we take things too literally. If we just allowed ourselves to look a little deeper, think a little more lateral and a little less literal, we may see more and learn more.

Like health, wealth, and happiness.

Is it really all about being healthy enough to make money and live happily after?
Or could it possibly be that the wealth bit has absolutely nothing to do with money?

I had an amazing day today. Well in fairness I have regular amazing days, but I've come to realize that my happiness is directly related to my emotional wealth, and since I'm happy and feel wealthy by virtue of the fact that I'm surrounded by some amazing people, naturally I feel healthy too.

Now before you think I've smoked too much weed or spent the afternoon with a Jehova's Witness or a Tik addict, let me elaborate.

I've blogged before about my views on friendship, and especially my views on 'Best Friends'... but there are people in our lives who fall into a category so special, that neither of these tags could do the bond or relationship justice.
I'm blessed to have such people in my inner circle. Sure I can count them on one hand, but that's a very special hand if I may say so myself.

This post is dedicated to those special people.
You know who you are :)

"All our young lives we search for someone to love, someone who makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope, all the while wondering if somewhere and somehow there is someone searching for us."
-The Wonder Years

2 comments:

  1. If a person tells me they have so many close friends that they can trust or count on that they can't count them on their fingers I worry they may be foolish or lying. :)

    You are blessed to have even one. One friend you can trust with anything is more than many will ever have. Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. You know you made me read this post again to see just how many friends I said I have.
    Thankfully it was enough to count on one hand. 3 to be precise ;)

    I may grow old with just this blog as my friend. Come to think of it, I'd be fine with that too :)

    ReplyDelete