Friday, June 17, 2011

The Stand-Up Comedian

Sabreen, my 4 year old daughter, is now at that age where she's able to tell a joke with amazing comedic timing.
She's been asking us what our favorite jokes are, and then trying them on her friends and the rest of the family.

So last night I told her an old favorite.

"What do you call a deer with no eyes?"
No idea (No eye dear).

She loved it, and surprisingly she got it immediately. So she decided to try it on her mom when she got home from work. Of course this meant 20 minutes of practice with me as her audience.

At 6pm Shakera walked in, and Sabreen ran up to her, all excited to tell her joke.

This is how it went.

Sabreen : Mom, what do you call a deer with no eyes?
Shakera
: Hhmm.. Ok I give up. Tell me.
Sabreen : I don't know! (eye-don't-know) Bwuaahahahaha...
Shakera : I don't get it. How is that funny?

Clearly Sabreen found her version of the joke more funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment