Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What's In A Name?

So my good friend Tanya mentioned on her Facebook page earlier today how many times she had been called Sonja, and it got me thinking. Clearly it doesn't take much to get me thinking :)
How many time's haven't we been called by names other than our own? It must surely be the most common of mistakes made by people you've either just met, or someone you're chatting to on the phone.

It's on the phone that most people get my name wrong. I've been called every variety of 'Fareed' you can imagine. Freed, Fred, Fried, you name it and I've probably been called it. That's the reason I introduce myself as Kaloo. You'd think that would be faultless and very hard a name to screw up, right? Wrong.
Carlo, Kallo, Carlow. The list goes on.

So just when I thought I must have the most difficult name to pronounce, or name's I wouldn't ever want to be called, along comes these absolute gems.









Thanks for the inspiration Sonja ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment