Sunday, February 27, 2011

Rock Star Weekends


So the family got together this weekend and decided to have a pooitjie for Sunday lunch. The well-informed had lunch before they arrived, as we later found out that a good pooitjie takes about 4 hours to cook!

Needless to say, when the 4 hour mark came up, we were hungry enough to start gnawing the legs off the tables. Thankfully, the pooitjie was delicious (as can be seen in the pic above.)

A game of 30 Seconds followed, and I have never laughed so much in one afternoon. I shall refrain from going into details as I may be banned from any further family outings and lunches if I do.

The week ahead is going to be manic, so it's fitting that the weekend ended on an absolute high.

On a final note, Windhoek is NOT on the way to Cape Town, and Mel Gibson DID NOT betray Jesus ;)

2 comments:

  1. Now Mr Kaloo, you’ve been yapping about this delicious dish so much - tweets, FB included - I am dying to know how it tastes like. So, whenever my life takes me towards your neck of the woods, you owe me this treat! Promise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Promise!
    Life should bring you to my neck of the woods soon. The woods are getting smaller and life is getting shorter ;)

    ReplyDelete