Sunday, February 13, 2011

U2 And The Claw

Ok so I'm not a huge U2 fan and I'm not ashamed to admit it, but after having seen these pics I have to say that these guys know how to put on one heck of a show!
I would drive hundreds of miles to watch Sting or Randy Crawford or Mike & The Mechanics in concert, but I mean let's face it, the entirety of their set for the performance would consist of a chair and a chilled bottle of Valpre.

This Claw that U2 travels with is the business!
I have friends at the concert tonight and they say the queue for drinks and food is an hour long. I don't get why people can't simply eat before they go to a concert. Who want's to be standing in line for a stale pie and a warm drink when Hugh Masekela is belting out his trumpet to "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"? I half suspect Bono wrote that song when he saw the queue.

Which brings me to my next observation.
If you drink less during concerts, it's almost a certainty that you will spend less time in the loo, and thus see more of the actual concert.
I remember going to a Bobby Brown concert (yes yes, I was young and immature but at least my date was a sure-thing!) and a friend of mine was drunk before Bobby even started playing "My Prerogative". Needless to say the crowd went beserk when he did, but my friend was in the loo at the time. He got back and asked "What did I miss?" and thats when I slapped him.



Another view of The Claw.
OK I'm impressed. Maybe i'll listen to one or two of their songs tomorrow. Not tonight though, coz it's Sunday Bloody Sunday!
What's a popular tune of theirs anyways?

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I'm not a U2 fan at all. I only like 3 of their songs and even though the stage set-up looks cool, I still wouldn't have went. But thats just me. You like Mike and The Mechanics too? Way cool!!

    ReplyDelete