Monday, October 31, 2011

The Bucket List

Well I wasn't really planning on doing the Bucket List this soon, but my dear friend Angie poked and prodded me in the general direction and the rest, as they say, is history.
If you ever decide to get off the bottom rung and start reading quality blogs with insightful perspectives on pretty much everything, might I suggest you start with Angies Blog

I'm going to pretend that I wrote this Bucket List 2 years ago, because that's when I really started ticking items off my list of Top 10 things to achieve before I kick the proverbial bucket.
As I accomplish each item, I shall simply revert to this post and mark them as 'DONE'.
Easy enough.

So without further ado... herewith my Bucket List.

#1 Play Golf With The Pro's
DONE
I played the Vodacom ProAm which was part of the Sunshine Tour last year.I blogged about it here

#2 Go On An Ocean Cruise
DONE
I've always wanted to go on an Ocean Cruise, and finally did last year. I blogged about it here and here and a few other places if you searched for the words "cruise" or "ocean" on the blog.

#3 Do Stand-Up Comedy
DONE
This is one of the few items that was suggested to me by others more than it was an idea I sprung up all on my own. When the opportunity finally presented itself, I grabbed it with both hands and feet!
I blogged about the actual event here and the run-up to the event here and here.

#4 Travel To Vietnam
I've travelled to many places, some common and some strange and wonderful. I've swam in Lake Geneva and lived in Dubai during the boom and watched puppies being grilled for an outdoor dinner and seen the infamous sex-shows in Bangkok and donated electronic gadgets to the needy folk on the London Underground, but I'll only be truly satisfied once I've visited Vietnam. Soon. Very soon.

5# Have My Own Radio Show
Yeah, I know... who want's to do Radio when TV is where it's all at, right?
But there's something about radio that appeals to me. Even if it's late-night graveyard shift radio. I'd still like to do it. I reckon I may even be half-decent at it. So if there's anyone in Radioland out there and you're looking for a guy who talks more than he plays music, holler at me.

6# Finish My Book
It's taking a while, but I'll get there. Right  now I can't decide between 50 pages or 500 pages.
I have much to say, but I may just end up publishing it as a colouring-in book ;)

7# Live Near The Ocean
I'm a Joburg boy.
That means I'm all about the rat-race, and fast paced lifestyle and busy busy busy all the time.
Yet I always have this dream, no goal, that someday I'll kick off my shoes, flick my nose at the rat-race and watch the sunset with a Kola-Tonic in my hand as I relax on my verandah looking out over the ocean.

8# Do The Otter Trail
A legendary hike through some of the most beautiful trails in the world. If you've never heard of the Otter Trail, do yourself a favour and check it out here

9# Attend An F1 Grand Prix
If I had a choice, preferrably the Malaysian or the Singapore Grand Prix.
Loudest sport on earth and I would love every minute of it!

10# Watch Manchester United Play A Cup Final At Old Trafford
Doesnt matter what final.

Could be the FA Cup, Carling Cup, maybe even a European Cup.
I would die a happy man. Completely and utterly.


So there you have it.
My official Bucket List. Thak you Angie, I quite enjoyed that :)


Now your turn!

6 comments:

  1. re #5: you should consider podcasts rather than a radio show (minimum effort, maximum result). you can grab a bunch of homies together, and put out a weekly/monthly episode covering, whatever.

    Let me know if you want some examples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a reason why you're the blogmaster and I'm just the content provider :) I like this Podcast idea. Send me a few examples and hopefully I can do my first one by the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love/hate relationship with bucket-lists. I love them. And then when they make me feel like a failure, I hate them:P Cool list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a love/hate relationship with bucket-lists. I love them. And then when they make me feel like a failure, I hate them:P Cool list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Azra.
    I hadn't planned on doing one, but as with most things we never intend on doing, at some point they just happen :)
    I have no doubt that asked the same question next year, the list may look slightly different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha you're demanding. Now ask me if I've noticed anything different about you. I am supposed to be the woman!

    I say move the Otter Trail up to the top. What an amazing hiking trip that would be. Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete