Friday, April 8, 2011

Shakera's Honours Graduation


Thursday 07 April 2011, 7:18pm to be exact, will forever be regarded as one of the proudest moments for me as I watched the missus join the ranks of Honours Graduates all across the globe. Not only had she achieved what she had set out to do (as she always does), but she had done so with full distinction, graduating  Cum Laude!
To put this in perspective, in a field of 400 students, only 5 had achieved that distinction, and she was one of them.

So there I am beaming with pride as the Master Of Ceremonies continues through the list of graduates, and then proceeds to the special awards granted to a select few students in recognition of outstanding achievements in their field of study. He gets to the "Brand Management & Leadership Award" and announces the winner: Shakera Kaloo!

I'm not going to lie to you, I had to discreetly wipe away a tear or two.

Being the total opposite of me when it comes to social networking online, me being "An internet whore" and she being "How do I update a status?", it goes without saying that I had already broadcast to the world the very moment she went up on stage. The missus has yet to update her Facebook status.

So hopefully sometime soon when she does, she will see my tribute to her and read the following words:
Shakera Kaloo, you are truly an inspiration and my very own Rock Star, my true North and my guiding light.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, my love and admiration for you is worth a thousand songs.
The world and all it's treasures await you. Go boldly in pursuit of your dreams, for tomorrow belongs to you!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats Shaks, I think Fareed deserves the “Brand Management and Leadership” thingy, not you. After all, he is the trendsetter - how could you call yourself a brand leader when you don’t even tweet or live in the digital age..?
    PS: Fareed, send my cheque to the account direct pls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual you've got me. Yes it has taken 10 days for me to find this blog. Thanks my gorgeous husband - did I mention that I love you?
    If I have achieved anything great, it's because you make me believe that anything is possible.
    Yes we are total opposites - I ask 'why' and you ask 'why not', but some how, some where, the two of us are going to conquer the world together.

    ReplyDelete