Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Year Of Epic Fails... & Wins



This year is officially over, and 2010 will go down in the history books as having been memorable for all the wrong reasons.

The highlights package will include the Fifa World Cup, the amazing holidays, playing in not one but two Pro-Am golf tournaments after being selected from a field of thousands, the awesome people I have met both online and in person, and finally it will include celebrating my 10th Wedding Anniversary to one of the most amazing women I have ever met.

Most married guys would say this as a cliche'.
I'm in the enviable position of being able to say this and truly mean every word of it.

All she saw in me ten years ago was a kid down on his luck but brimming with potential and ambition. She never stood back to watch, nor did she stand ahead waiting for me to catch up; instead she stood by my side and helped me lay the foundation and build the life we have today, brick by painstaking brick.

I'd like to write a really long and intense blog detailing every reason why I live a blessed life and why she's made it such bliss to come home to her every single day for the last 10 years.

Instead I'll simply say "I Love You Shakera" and leave you with this quote from my favourite author:
“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ”- Kahlil Gibran

2 comments:

  1. And after 10 years you never fail to surprise me.
    Just when I think I got you all figured out, there's always something more to discover. So here's to 10 more years of discovering and loving Fareed Kaloo - I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow. A little tear drop rolled down my cheek as I read your tribute to Shaks - yes she is one amazing woman you have been so lucky to find. I had the pleasure of getting to know her at my old work-place, without a doubt I would say she is the best copywriter I ever worked with.

    Guys, Congratulations on the 10th. I wish you happy 20th, 25th, gold jubilees and all the good things that life can bring..!

    ReplyDelete