Friday, November 19, 2010

Island Cruise Day 4, Part 2

The journey home is one filled with mixed emotions. I'm sad to see the end of an awesome holiday drawing to a close, but on the other hand I'm excited to see Sabreen and get my feet back on solid ground again.

It seems I made quite an impression on some of the passengers and crew in just a few short days.
I lost my sea-legs after lunch and was feeling rather green, so I decided to give supper a miss. The missus went down to the restaurant on her own and it turns out everybody around our usual seat were disappointed that I hadn't come for the last supper. One couple in particular said they missed hearing my hearty laugh, and another commented that I was like their daily entertainment. So heartwarming to know that people are getting away with a free show at my expense!

So tonight we begin packing bags and we need to have them ready outside our room door for collection by 2am!
These crew members don't muck about. A hard working lot they are.

I met a couple at tonights Vegas-themed show (there's shows every evening on board the ship, always with different themes) and the husband was telling us how he won $3000 in last nights Bingo!
Turns out he's been on 3 different cruise ships in his lifetime, and each time he's won at Bingo. I reckon he should only ever book a cruise that has Bingo on it. How lucky is he?!

The one thing I'm not going to miss from the cruise is these Vacumm-toilets. If you've never seen one, the best was I can describe it is to imagine a very powerful Kirby vacuum-cleaner being turned on when u done with your business.
Very powerful indeed.
If your bum covers the entire rim of the toilet seat, and you hit the 'Flush' button, there's a high possibility that you could end up with a free colonoscopy! I'm not even kidding about that.
Actually, if you timed the whole flushing routine right, you wouldn't even need toilet-paper!

*insert eeeuww here .....*

Alrighty folks, time for me to put some motion in this ocean. After all, it is our last night on board the MSC Sinfonia, and the missus did say she better meet some seamen before she gets off ;)
Sent from my Apple iPad® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment