Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Extreme Make-Overs

I was watching this show on the telly about extreme make-overs earlier, and I decided to Google some of the most unbelievable.

I think these pretty much qualify; no pun intended.


extrememakeover.jpg

No way!
At first I thought it was Susan Boyles prettier sister on the left.
This is why these pics are unbelievable.
They're true, but they're unbelievable.

extreme-makeover.jpg

The one on the right looks like a model.
The one on the left looks like the girl who makes tea and butters scones for the models assistant.
extreme-makeovers.jpg

Seriously?
That's a chick on the left?
*bleugh*
I don't mean to be mean, but if I were dating the one on the right, and came across her "before" pic on the left, I'd dump her ass like a hot potato and run like hell!
But thats just me not being mean.
extreme-makeup.jpg

At first I thought these were two sisters, and the one on the left kept getting beaten by her Dad with the ugly stick.
I think it's those spectacles and double-chin.
Or maybe it's that bad skin.
Maybe it's Photoshop.
Who know's really...
personal-transformation.jpg

I chose this pic as the winner for my Extreme Make-Over series.
Totally unbelievable.
Totally!
So weird in fact that every time I look at the pic on the right, I can't help imagining the ugly girl on the left trying to break out.
FREEEEEDOM!!!
plastic-surgery.jpg

Ok I won't lie, when I first saw this last pic, I thought it was a dude.
I still think it's a dude.
I'd have to be really dunk and really desperate to stop and give her/him a ride if I saw them hitching on the side of the road.

2 comments:

  1. I was happy for these women to be given an opportunity to have such drastic make overs. In the very superficial world we live in, we put such a focus on what people look like and we have such narrow viewpoints on what beauty is that it's really difficult to be anything else but that.

    Your comments made me sad, it's just a reminder of that emphasis on physical beauty. It's a reminder that those of us that look less than perfect lose out. I'm not really judging you by your comments because I'm just as guilty of looking at people in this way but yeh it was reminder to myself how messed up we all are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shamz : Point well taken.
    In retrospect I am totally guilty of having been too quick to judge, and take it on the chin that my comments seem harsh.
    Guilty as charged, and I thank you for your honesty :)
    I will certainly endeavour to do better, and be better.

    ReplyDelete