Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Princess And The Pout



Princess Sabreen.
She turns four on the 28th of July.
Don't be fooled by the number though; she's got more attitude in her than most twelve year olds I know!

A few day's ago, she and I were having your standard father-daughter chat as any regular dad would have with his four year old daughter; we were discussing the value of education and the repercussions of not having clearly defined goals to achieve. You know, just a good old chit-chat between a dad and his little girl.

So there I am explaining to her as best I can, that staying in school and doing well means she will always have a roof over her head and food on her table. As fate would have it, the words had barely left my lips when we pulled up at a traffic light and a beggar inched his way toward my open window.

She looked at him with a cocked eyebrow, then looked at me, and said "He should have stayed in school, hey Dad."

I'm always amazed at the workings of a child's mind, and how they put the puzzles together in their little heads.
Here endeth the lesson.

1 comment:

  1. My niece turns 3 on the same day.

    Doting aunts and uncles aren't we?

    ReplyDelete